Popular Food Recipes - Pasta
- Lettuce keeps better if you store in refrigerator without washing first so that the leaves are dry. Wash the day you are going to use.
- Do not use metal bowls when mixing salads. Use wooden, glass or china.
- Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
- To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
- Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
- If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a no-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
- Add a little lemon and lime to tuna to add zest and flavor to tuna sandwiches. Use cucumbers soaked in vinegar and pepper in sandwich instead of tomatoes. Use mustard instead of mayo to cut the fat and add a tang.
- Instead of the water your recipe calls for, try juices, bouillon, or water you've cooked vegetables in. Instead of milk, try buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream. It can add a whole new flavor and improve nutrition.
- Steak Sauce With A Kick: Deglaze your frying pan (after searing your New York steaks) with brandy. Add two tablespoons of butter, a little white wine and a splash of Grand Marnier. Serve over steaks - you'll never use steak sauce again.